Even though India is on the fast track of becoming a developed nation, Indians still have a special place in their hearts for Indian ethnic wear. It is one of the many reasons why women of all ages still prefer wearing a saree whenever they find it ideal to do so instead of Western attire!
In recent years Indian sarees online shopping trend is on an exponential rise. Thanks to the efforts put forth in the marketing and promotion of Indian sarees by renowned e-stores like Sujatra, various forms of sarees are flooding the online market. This helped in popularizing sarees among Indian women once again.
Some of the recent variations of sarees that are redefining the tastes of women who are planning to buy Indian sarees online in India are as follows:
- Concept sarees – is seemingly a new generation of sarees that may or may not come pre-draped. It can come with statement-making pallus or in a unique dhoti-form saree with a slit.
- Net sarees – these are the new favourite of the modern woman. This type of sarees is perfect for a date night, wedding parties and high-profile dinners.
Linen sarees – Linen is made from flax which is a plant-based fabric. So in case someone is looking for something to wear at a wedding that won’t cause much trouble and will be easy to handle then they should choose this type of saree. Be sure to keep this in mind when you are on your Indian wedding sarees online shopping spree!
Indian Sarees at Weddings, Occasions or Parties
In recent years, both online/offline saree retailers and saree manufacturers are witnessing an exponential increase in the demand for their goods. It is evident that Indian women are finally bouncing back to this retro-era fashion trend. They are choosing to wear sarees for weddings, parties, and all forms of occasions.
There are several factors behind this. The primary one is the plethora of options a modern Indian woman has in front of her whenever she is on the internet looking for sarees online to buy!
For instance –
In terms of variations in sarees, one can choose anyone from the following types:
- Bengal Handloom
- Silk and many more.
Thanks to online shopping sites like Sujatra, the humble saree is back at the forefront of Indian fashion!
Indian Sarees still in Trend with Modern Transformations
New-age Indian designers are experimenting with different materials and coming up with new forms of sarees with each passing day. This enables a modern Indian woman to update her closet with sarees with modern transformations.
- Quirky accessories stitched on to the saree’s body
- Sarees with dhoti-like appearance and slit
- Sarees that can be draped differently thus breaking the monotony
- Sarees with extravagant and heavy borders that can easily become the centre of attention at an event – are all working together to secure the place of the humble saree permanently in the Indian fashion scene!
The humble saree has always played an important role whenever Indian fashion needed to be properly symbolized – whether in the nation or abroad. Truth be told, Indian ethnic wear is a source of inspiration for new-age designers from India and the overseas alike. One of the many reasons why you can witness new-designers making their debuts on the ramp with creations that resemble the humble Indian saree!